My journey so far (click and hold down to drag the map. Use + and - to zoom in/out)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Poo!

Oh well, no Everest trek for me then! They've postponed it until the 7th May but I can't make that date because I'm doing the Trans-Siberian a few weeks after.

But I suppose that it's better to miss out now and do it some other time rather than getting stuck in Nepal. Apparently the guy from the tour company who went out there to see the situation couldn't get a flight back home.

So, I'm in Chengdu now and trying to figure out what to do next. Tibet is a short hop away so I think I'll head there but I need to get permits and things organised. Chine beauocracy at it's best!

Also, I've been writing up my North Korea trip but it's turning into an epic and I'm only on day two, so I'll post what I've done so far and then add to it in subsequent posts.